Houston web offset printer is searching for an experienced Prepress Technician to serve as a valued contributor to the Prepress department. This position requires the advanced technical ability in maintaining accuracy of files, adherence to quality control best practices, and knowledge of graphic design programs and principles. The ideal candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. This position is predominantly production work with minimal new design creation. Proficiency in the following programs is required: Adobe Creative Suite CS5 or above (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop). Experience with a web offset printing company is preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare artwork and database files for offset web printing
- Maintain preflight check list to ensure quality control
- Determine a layout according to materials, production equipment, and production methods
- Use graphics programs to generate a proof for the customer by arranging and preparing customer supplied artwork
- Communicate and emphasize care in areas where customer deems critical
- Performs related duties as needed by supervision
- Administer and support font manager and Nexus RIP workflows
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers